Thursday, December 23, 2010

T-50 Light Tank with Applique Armour - WIP

Hi all.
This is Techmods release of the Soviet T-50 Light Tank with Applique Armour.
With the exception of the tracks, this is quite a simple kit that goes together quite well.
I've decided to use the Finnish decals just to add a little interest to the project.
Still have a bit of work to do on the tracks (fixing them down on the return roller and weathering) as well as the odd detail work here and there.
Paintwork was done using Tamiya Acrylics with highlight being added using Vallejo Paints.

Dirt and mud was added using Mig Acrylic resin and fine sand. This was finished off using Tamiya Enamel Buff and various earth coloured oils, followed by a dark pin wash to bring out the details.
Oil stains and dust is a combination of Vallejo and Lifecolor paints.

More to come.

Thanks for looking.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Stuart Tractor update - October 2010

Hi guys.
Sorry for the lack of progress on this one. Real life has got in the way so my bench time is almost non-existant.

Just a small update of where things stand at the moment.
I've added the dried mud to the tracks using Acrylic Resin and fine sand/dirt.
Colour was added using Vallejo Acrylics. I've also manage to get a bit more done on the base to add a little more interest.


Monday, July 12, 2010

Stuart Tractor update

Another small update on my Stuart Tractor build.
I've added a tarp using epoxy putty and tied it down using stretched sprue to simulate the nylon cords. I also added the first layer of dust using Lifecolor Acrylics.
Thanks for looking.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stuart Farm Tractor - Another update...

Sorry for the lack of updates recently.
I've completed the tracks (the kit ones), which happen to be the trickiest part of the build so far.
Still a little painting and then some weathering to come.

I've also created a little base for the Stuart to live on. I've tried to keep it simple.

Thanks for looking,

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stuart Farm Tractor update

I've continued work on the Stuart Tractor. The darker rust shades have been added followed by a little faded green. This was all done using the salt technique. I've also started adding/making some of the little details.


Monday, April 26, 2010

Stuart Farm Tractor

One of my current projects, this M3A1 Stuart is being converted to a farm tractor.
The build is based on photos of a vehicle on a farm in Western Australia.

A bit of scratch building and chopping has been done.

The interior section painted and dusted up.

The 2 hull halves joined and primed.

The base colour for the rust. Darker rust colours and tones still to come.

For the detailed step by step blog so far, click the link below:

Stuart Tractor BLOG


Friday, April 2, 2010

Wegmann King Tiger - March 1945

Here's probably my favourite build to date. It's Dragons late model King Tiger with late pattern tracks modified to represent a March 1945 King Tiger from the Wegmann plant. The kit was enhanced with metal tracks and photo etched details.
More photos can be found here:
Late KT


CHAR B1 bis

Another one of my older builds and right up there in my top 3 of favourites is Tamiyas CHAR B1 bis. The kit was an absolute dream to build and so much fun to paint and weather. I used many new painting and weathering techniques for the very first time, which just added to the satisfaction.

This was done as a full step by step blog during construction, painting and weathering.
For those interested in seeing this, I've attached the link below.
CHAR de Bataille build feature


KFOR Leo 2 A5

An older build, this is Revells Leopard 2 A5 and one of my first builds after returning to the hobby. While nowhere near the quality of Tamiyas offering, it's a great beginners build.
It was also my first build where all the weathering was done via paint. No pigments were used at all. The camo net was made using some gauze from a first aid kit sprinkled with dried herbs.


Thursday, March 25, 2010

Old Hetzer

Here's another recent build. This is the old Italeri kit, which by todays standards is well below par. I picked this kit up at a swap meet from the bargain bin and decided to build it nice and quick so I could practice a hairspray whitewash finish. With my average build time being 4 to 6 months (and often longer), this one was done in 7 days. That should give you a good idea of how basic this kit is.

For those interested, the full step by step build and photo feature can be found on the following links:
Photo Feature

Thanks for looking.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bergepanzer IV

Here's one of my latest builds. It's Dragons Bergepanzer IV. I have to say that this was one of the best kits, both detail and looks wise, that I've built. This was an OOB build painted with Tamiya Acrylics. The weathering and detaisl were finished off with Vallejo Acrylic, diluted oils and MIG Production weathering powders.

I was priviledge enough to be entrusted with an in box review and created a step by step blog of the entire build and finishing of this kit, all done on the Modelarmour site.
These can be found at:
In box review
Photo Feature

If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please feel free to post.



Hi everyone and welcome to my blogger page.
My name is Jurgen, a scale armour modeller from Australia.
I've started this blog to display some of my work. I'm not the greatest modeller
out there, but I have a passion for this hobby that I enjoy so much and find it extremely

What you wont find here:
- flaming, name calling, political rants
- Obscene language

What you will find here:
- my builds and WIP projects

Hope you enjoy your visit.