Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Vk.45.02 Tiger   - WIP
Something I starting working on a while back....

A great release by Dragon that literally flies together. This is a purely OOB build, with a little 'cast' texturing added using Mr Surfacer.
Base colours applied. Again, I'm using Tamiya paints for the main paintwork.
As you can see, the turret has be treated using the modulation technique.

After treating the turret with some Hair Spray, added some camo that I faded/weathered.

The hull received the same sort of treatment.

Exhaust and surrounding area we then detailed.

From there I started to work on the weathering.
Wheels and Tracks were then painted up. I've stuck with the kit supplied vinyl tracks. I also added some oil and grime stains using LifeColor paints
...and this is where things have been standing for the last couple of months. Just need to add the final touches.

Hopefully a final update sooner rather than later....


Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Xmas

With that time of year around once again, here's something I knocked up a while back....

Merry Xmas to you all :)

Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm finally back!

Hi all.
It's been a while, but I'm finally back.
Here's a couple pieces I've completed since my last post:

My Jagdtiger:

Next up is my Jagdpanther.....


Sunday, March 13, 2011

1:48 Afrika Tiger

Hi all.
Here's my latest completed build. Built purely OOB, this is Tamiya's brilliant 1:48 scale Tiger I.
An absolute dream to build. It literally went together over a weekend.

The fun part of this project was the painting and weathering.
After the base coat, I used the modulation technique to give the paint some life.

Fading was done using oils and followed by some washes and filters.
I used Mig Pigments to add the dust but kept it to a minimum, trying to preserve as much of the paint work effects as possible.

All in all, had a load of fun with this one.
For anyone interested in a complete SBS of the painting and weathering process, you can find it here: Tiger Painting Blog

Thanks for loooking.
Jurgen :)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Current WIP - Knocked out King Tiger

Hi all.
Here's another WIP that I've got on the bench at the moment.
Using Dragons Premium King Tiger (Porsche Turret), I've made a couple alterations and am going for a knocked out vehicle.
Here she is before the paintshop:

And now through various stages of painting.
Pre-shaded burnt areas:

Base coat:

The camo:

Finally followed by colours depicting the burnt out sections:

When done, this was treated with a darkish wash to highlight the panel lines and zimmerit.

I'll now put this aside to dry properly before continuing with the weathering process.

Thanks for stopping past and looking :)


Friday, January 14, 2011

Stuart Tractor complete!

Here's the finished build.
The base was completed with a couple strips of balsa wood painted and weathered to look like faded old wood. Hope you all like it.

Further pics and a detailed step by step of the entire project can be found here:
Stuart Tractor conversion.

Thanks for looking.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

T-50 Light Tank with Applique Armour - WIP

Hi all.
This is Techmods release of the Soviet T-50 Light Tank with Applique Armour.
With the exception of the tracks, this is quite a simple kit that goes together quite well.
I've decided to use the Finnish decals just to add a little interest to the project.
Still have a bit of work to do on the tracks (fixing them down on the return roller and weathering) as well as the odd detail work here and there.
Paintwork was done using Tamiya Acrylics with highlight being added using Vallejo Paints.

Dirt and mud was added using Mig Acrylic resin and fine sand. This was finished off using Tamiya Enamel Buff and various earth coloured oils, followed by a dark pin wash to bring out the details.
Oil stains and dust is a combination of Vallejo and Lifecolor paints.

More to come.

Thanks for looking.