Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Xmas

With that time of year around once again, here's something I knocked up a while back....

Merry Xmas to you all :)

Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm finally back!

Hi all.
It's been a while, but I'm finally back.
Here's a couple pieces I've completed since my last post:

My Jagdtiger:

Next up is my Jagdpanther.....


Sunday, March 13, 2011

1:48 Afrika Tiger

Hi all.
Here's my latest completed build. Built purely OOB, this is Tamiya's brilliant 1:48 scale Tiger I.
An absolute dream to build. It literally went together over a weekend.

The fun part of this project was the painting and weathering.
After the base coat, I used the modulation technique to give the paint some life.

Fading was done using oils and followed by some washes and filters.
I used Mig Pigments to add the dust but kept it to a minimum, trying to preserve as much of the paint work effects as possible.

All in all, had a load of fun with this one.
For anyone interested in a complete SBS of the painting and weathering process, you can find it here: Tiger Painting Blog

Thanks for loooking.
Jurgen :)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Current WIP - Knocked out King Tiger

Hi all.
Here's another WIP that I've got on the bench at the moment.
Using Dragons Premium King Tiger (Porsche Turret), I've made a couple alterations and am going for a knocked out vehicle.
Here she is before the paintshop:

And now through various stages of painting.
Pre-shaded burnt areas:

Base coat:

The camo:

Finally followed by colours depicting the burnt out sections:

When done, this was treated with a darkish wash to highlight the panel lines and zimmerit.

I'll now put this aside to dry properly before continuing with the weathering process.

Thanks for stopping past and looking :)


Friday, January 14, 2011

Stuart Tractor complete!

Here's the finished build.
The base was completed with a couple strips of balsa wood painted and weathered to look like faded old wood. Hope you all like it.

Further pics and a detailed step by step of the entire project can be found here:
Stuart Tractor conversion.

Thanks for looking.